Listed below are the requirements for this minor.
A student who graduates from Thiel College with a theatre minor will:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the various aspects of theatre production;
- articulate the development of Western performance traditions from Ancient Greece until modern times;
- employ effective performance techniques in performance;
- read and analyze plays from diverse periods and cultures;
- discuss specific social, cultural, and political contexts as reflected in contemporaneous dramatic texts and performance practices; and
- design and construct technical elements for productions.
Minor Requirements (20 CH)
- THAR 287 Theatre History I: To the Renaissance (3 CH)
- THAR 297 Theatre History II: Renaissance to Today (3 CH)
- THAR 217 Intro to Technical Theatre (3 CH)
- THAR 257 Basic Acting (4 CH)
- THAR 347 Advanced Acting & Directing (4 CH)
- ENG 350 Shakespeare I (3 CH) or ENG 330 Dramatic Literature (3 CH)