Six Thiel College professors promoted to tenure status for 2020-2021 academic year
Posted September 11, 2020
GREENVILLE, Pa.—Six Thiel College professors were granted tenure beginning with this academic year.
Associate Professor of Religion and Department Chair George Branch-Trevathan, Ph.D.; Associate Professor of Education and Department co-chair Nancy Castor M.Ed.; Associate Professor of Psychology Shannon Deets, Ph.D.; Associate Professor of Business Administration and Accounting John Gomolchak, J.D.; Associate Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice Jared Hanneman, Ph.D.; and Associate Professor of the History and Director of the Dietrich Honors Institute Sheila Nowinski, Ph.D. were all granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor for the 2020–2021 academic year at Thiel College.
- Branch-Trevathan earned a Bachelor of Arts in 2000 from Vanderbilt University, a Master of Divinity in 2004 from Harvard Divinity School and a Ph.D. in 2016 from Emory University.
- Castor earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1976 from Pennsylvania State University and a Master of Education in 2010 from Westminster College.
- Deets earned a Bachelor of Science in 2000 from Allegheny College and a Master of Science and in 2004 and Ph.D. in 2013 from Gannon University.
- Gomolchak earned a Bachelor of Science in 1981 from Gannon University and a Juris Doctorate in 1992 from Duquesne University.
- Hanneman earned a Bachelor of Arts in 2000 from Miami University of Ohio, a Master of Arts in 2003 from University of Pittsburgh and a Ph.D. in 2014 from City University of New York.
- Nowinski earned a Bachelor of Arts in 2002 from Boston College and a Master of Arts in 2008 and Ph.D. in 2012 from the University of Notre Dame. She also studied at Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
Office of Admission