International Business (B.A.)
Major: International Business
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Arts
Total credit hours: N/A
Internship/Practicum opportunities: Visit the Career Development Center for internship information.
About the program
As major U.S. and foreign corporations continue to expand in international markets, the Thiel College international business program prepares students for dynamic careers across borders!
Your work will combine research with real-world presentations and hands-on projects to ensure that you’re ready to pursue a career with a global organization at home or abroad.
Visit our Academic Catalog (2018-2019) for course listings.
- Students will understand basic business management functions.
- Develop competency in data analysis techniques, including use of spreadsheets and databases.
- gain an understanding of the ethical dilemmas faced by business managers.
- develop interpersonal skills and learn to be a valuable member of a team.
- be prepared for entry-level employment in the field of international business.
Thiel College offers scholarships to students for reasons such as academic success, community service or involvement, exemplary leadership and more! The scholarships available to international business majors are:
- The August and Susan Bamford Scholarship
- Dr. Morrison H. Beach Scholarship
- The Roger ’52 and Paula G. Blatter Scholarship
- The John T. Egbert Jr. and Phyllis Faries Egbert Scholarship
- Daniel A. Hamo Scholarship
- Michael Andrew Holland ’75 Memorial Scholarship
- Huether Foundation Endowment for Business
- Helen Patterson Hill Memorial Scholarship
- Lend-A-Hand Scholarship
- The Rev. Dr. Kenneth R. May Scholarship Fund
- The Robert J. Mckinley Memorial Scholarship
- The Wise Family Endowed Scholarship Fund
Visit our Financial Aid page to learn more about the types of aid available to students.
Clubs & Organizations
It's easy to get involved on campus! Joining a student club or organization is an excellent way to meet others and gain leadership experience. An international business major might be interested in the following clubs and orgs:
- Accounting Club
- Greenville Jr. Chamber of Commerce
- Chi Eta Sigma (National Commerce Honorary Society)
- Global Club
Visit our Campus Life page to see a full list of student clubs and organizations.
Alumni & Careers
A liberal arts degree from Thiel College prepares graduates for business careers that span the globe! You’ll have the critical thinking and creativity skills plus the broad perspective necessary to work in this demanding field.
After graduation, you could pursue one of these careers:
- Trade Compliance Analyst – earn an average of $56,759 judging whether shipments process followed all the importation or exportation laws *
- International Marketing Manager – earn a median salary of $112,828 helping your company develop and market products that meet international demands**
- Foreign Trade Specialist – earn an average salary of $54,784 acting as an advisor on tariffs, markets and regulations**
- Foreign Service Officer – earn an average salary of $84,181 representing the United States abroad as a member of the State Department*
- International Bank Manager – earn a median salary of $133,092 overseeing a financial institution’s international banking policies, objectives, and initiatives*