International Business (B.A.)
This program prepares students for attractive career opportunities as major U.S. and foreign corporations continue to expand in international markets.
A student who graduates from Thiel College with a major in international business will:
- understand the basic business management functions.
- develop competency in data analysis techniques, including use of spreadsheets and databases.
- gain an understanding of the ethical dilemmas faced by business managers.
- develop interpersonal skills and learn to be a valuable member of a team.
- be prepared for entry-level employment in the field of international business.
- ACCT 113 Principles of Accounting I
- BADM 233 Managerial Accounting
- MATH 211 Elementary Statistics
- CIS 111 Word Processing Applications
- CIS 112 Spreadsheet Applications
- CIS 113 Data Management Applications or CIS 122 Advanced Spreadsheet Applications
- CIS 129 Fund of Info Systems
- ECON 211 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 221 Principles of Microeconomics
- POSC 146 Intro to Comparative Politics
- GEOG 110 World Regional Geography
- BADM 376 International Business
- BADM 456 International Marketing
- BADM 355 Business Law I
- BADM 356 Business Law II
- COMM 331 Intercultural Communication
- REL 190 World Religions
- Any three:
- BADM 344 Finance
- BADM 374 Principles of Management
- BADM 444 Operations Management
- BADM 454 Marketing
- BADM 484 Human Resource Management
- Any one:
- POSC 327 Politics of Developing Societies
- POSC 347 Politics of Industrialized Societies