Each year, outstanding students are selected to receive any of three Arthur McGonigal Department of Business Administration and Accounting awards.
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants Outstanding Senior Award
- Given to one senior at each college or university in Pa. The recipient must be an individual who shines in academia, expresses a serious interest in accounting and demonstrates a desire to continue in the accounting field.
- Spring 2018 Recipient: Samantha McLaughlin '18 (above, with John F. Logan '65, Prof. Melissa S. Oakes '03 and Prof. Gary J. Witosky ’79)
Wall Street Journal Award
- Presented to an outstanding senior business administration major.
- Spring 2018 Recipient: Jessa Covine '18 (above, with Prof. John E. Gomolchak, Esq., President Susan Traverso, Ph.D. and Prof. Angelo A. Giannini)
Departmental Honors Award
- Recognizes the seniors who best exemplify the characteristics Thiel hopes to instill in their students.
- Spring 2018 Recipient: Brittany Shumar '18 (above, with Prof. Douglas Kinnear, Ph.D., Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College Elizabeth Frombgen, Ph.D., and Prof. Karen A. Shaffer)