History majors must successfully complete 39 credit hours in history, which must be distributed as outlined below.
1. Pick two of the following: (6)
HIST 101: United States History Until 1877
HIST 102: United States History Since 1877
HIST 180: World History survey
2. HIST 290: An Introduction to Historical Research (Required)
3. 9 credit hours in United States History at 200-400 Level
4. 9 credit hours in European History at 200-400 Level
5. 9 credit hours in Non-Western History at 200-400 Level
6. Pick one of the following:
HIST 496: Capstone US History
HIST 497: Capstone European History
HIST 498: Capstone World History
7. Students must earn a C- or better in all History classes that count toward the major requirements.
8. During the junior or senior year each major must attend or participate in two departmentally-approved, off-campus field experiences (internship, historic site or museum visit, professional conference, etc.)
Transfer students must acquire 18 credit hours at Thiel.
Thiel College 75 College Avenue Greenville, PA 16125 1-800-24-THIEL firstname.lastname@example.org