Thiel College is seeking a Graphic Designer to create visual design solutions within the office of Communications and Marketing, ensuring all content is consistent with brand standards while fulfilling both partner and end-user needs.
With a firm understanding of print and digital design best practices, this role reports to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing and collaborates with others to develop and execute a variety of projects that serve to advance the mission of the College.
While the Graphic Designer is primarily focused on print and digital asset project management, production, and graphic design, there will be plenty of opportunities to branch out into other areas of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years’ of graphic design experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience producing narrative content for public consumption.
- Understanding of photography, social media, video production and design.
- Web design skills.
- Knowledge of ExpressionEngine and/or Wordpress.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, build relationships and be willing to pitch in and help wherever needed.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and to communicate effectively across a variety of different levels of management and individuals within the Thiel community.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks while achieving a high level of accuracy.
- Effective at problem solving and critical thinking.
- Aptitude for thriving under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- MAC-literate with demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suites, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
- Accurate, quick keyboarding is vital to this position. We have tight deadlines. Proofreading is essential.
- Strong work ethic and great attitude is a must.
- Experience in developing concepts, creative design and producing digital for multiple mediums (print, web, and video).
- Command of the principles, practices and techniques of graphic design and layout.
- Excellent writing, editing and creative design skills.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of 4-color printing, bleeds and trims, color correction and preparation of print ready files including PDFs is also a plus.
- Work collaboratively to conceptualize and execute innovative design solutions.
- Champion established brand and content standards of Thiel College, maintaining brand style consistency as defined and articulated in brand and style guides.
- Oversee projects from the start of the design process through completion of the assets.
- Communicate with team members to effectively articulate visual solutions for both marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with content creators, editors, vendors and departmental representatives.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for creative assignments.
- Participate in project briefings and creative brainstorming meetings.
- Prepare complete, accurate, press-ready files and oversee the production of printed materials with outside vendors.
- Manage communications projects using our project management platform (Trello), helping to keep projects on task, within budget, and on time.
- Create and manage presentations, forms, project management templates and reports.
- Play an integral role in the communications proofing and content approval process.
- Maintain creative asset archives to ensure comprehensive records and easy retrieval.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates please send letter of interest, resume, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, (preferred) or send materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.