Financial Aid Specialist
Thiel College is seeking a full-time, 12-month Financial Aid Specialist to provide counseling and assistance to students and families (current and incoming) in their process of obtaining financial aid.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary business education/training required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial aid environment preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the Federal Pell Grant program, the PHEAA State Grant program, and OCOG (Ohio Grant program).
- Processes Special Consideration requests for re-evaluation of aid eligibility.
- Attends freshman registration days as needed.
- Assists in the daily activities of the Financial Aid Office to provide effective and efficient customer service.
- Keeps up-to-date on federal and state regulations and procedures through educational materials, workshops, and conferences.
- Works closely with students and parents providing help and guidance with all aspects of FAFSA completion, verification, completion of requirements for federal and state grants, problem identification and resolution.
- Knowledge of the following programs:
- Pell Grant Program
- PHEAA State Grant Program (PA)
- OCOG (Ohio State Grant Program)
- Special Consideration Forms
- Develops and implements methods for collection of required documents for processing aid and tracking of incomplete or incorrect FAFSA information, Pell Grant, and State Grant records.
- Maintains student records on Powerfaids as students’ requirements for federal and state grants are fulfilled.
- Maintains PHEAA system with updated cost records and setting parameters for disbursement of federal and state funds.
- Maintains Ohio Board of Regents website with Thiel’s information as required for eligibility in making disbursement requests.
- Yearly Fiscal Operations Report (FISAP) – Maintains any set-up requirements on federal website. Inputs report information, validates and submits to Department of Education.
- Assists Executive Director of Financial Aid as needed
Knowledge Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Organization and prioritization .
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and independence.
- Work with confidential and sensitive information.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials should be attached in a single PDF document using candidate’s last name as the document title.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience