Coordinator of the Office of Disability Services
Thiel College is currently accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of the Office of Disability Services.
This full-time, 10-month position coordinates the College academic activities to assure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in disability studies, special education, or related social sciences with a focus on disability is required. Master’s degree preferred. Counseling experience also preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and assess program policies, procedures (e.g., required documentation), and services
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging issues in disability services (e.g., ADD/ADHD, medical marijuana, emotional support animals)
- Maintains confidential student records (e.g., documentation of disability)
- Responds to inquiries from prospective students or their parents
- Determines program eligibility for services and consults with students about appropriate accommodations based upon documentation of a disability
- Arranges individualized accommodations for students
- Serves as an advocate for students and assists with their self-monitoring the effectiveness of accommodations
- Consults with other staff, faculty, and administrators regarding the instructional and residential life needs of students
- Conducts campus-wide disability awareness activities (e.g., disability awareness day) and communicates program activities to campus community
- Assist the Associate Academic Dean with management of departmental budget
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience in disability services or related field
- Efficient in office procedures and current adaptive technology
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Work with confidential and sensitive information
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Email letter of interest, resume, and at least three professional references to email@example.com (preferred), or send materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125. EOE