Thiel College is committed to access for all students is seeking a professional, energetic team member for the Advancement division.
The Advancement Officer is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and opportunities that strategically engage Thiel College alumni. The director will focus on various projects, events and individual relationships in building affinity with Thiel alumni to support their alma mater through time, talent and donations. This position will play a key role in increasing funding to the College.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- One to three years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization or educational institution or a sales related position.
- Strong computer skills are required, with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, along with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience/familiarity with fundraising, planned giving, proposal writing, annual giving, and special events.
- Proven track record of effectively cultivating and soliciting gifts from individuals, corporations and private foundations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to potential and current donors and board members.
- Capable of prioritizing own workload in a dynamic environment to achieve measurable goals.
- Experience in developing successful plans, managing budgets and achieving goals on schedule.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and follow up with multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work with donor databases (CRM), spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Analytical of various data to inform decision-making
- A tenacious and intuitive self-starter, who is dependable and able to fulfill initiatives within the context of the college’s Advancement program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors to raise funds for projects/programs and scholarships at Thiel College.
- Conduct minimum 15-18 visits per month.
- Renew current and lapsed donors while securing new donors.
- Responsible for the direct mail, email campaign and annual giving program.
- Assist or lead College special events.
- Communicate with departments across campus regarding fulfilling donor requirements.
- Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Thiel College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Email letter of interest, resume, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or send materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.