|Pennsylvania National Guard Partnership
Thiel College and the Pennsylvania National Guard have partnered to offer educational benefits and support to the members of the Guard, including several scholarship opportunities. Beginning immediately, Thiel will offer one renewable full-tuition scholarship annually to a qualified member of the Pennsylvania Guard. Qualifications for the scholarship include community service, leadership potential and a short essay. You can download a Scholar Award Application here, or you can obtain an application through the Pennsylvania National Guard Education Office (Lt. Israel Miller, Israel.firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, Thiel is offering every member of the Pennsylvania National Guard a $5,000 annual scholarship in recognition of their service to our country.
Reach your full potential…with a four-year Thiel degree
What can a four-year degree from Thiel College do for you?
• It aids military advancement and officer candidacy, if that’s your goal.
• On average, you’ll earn more with a degree during your working career.
• At Thiel, we’ll provide you with a laptop computer through our Notebook Initiative, insuring that you have the technology tools you need to succeed.
• A liberal arts degree can help develop critical thinking skills, something that will aid you in any career.
• You’ll enjoy greater opportunities when choosing a career path thanks to Thiel’s 25-year history in entrepreneurial interdisciplinary learning environments! (50 percent of our graduates complete internships, for example.)
Reach your full potential…by leveraging your financial aid
Thiel’s high-quality education is well within your financial reach!
• Every Pennsylvania National Guard member receives a $5,000 scholarship from Thiel College in recognition of his or her service.
• Our Financial Aid Office will work cooperatively with you and the National Guard to maximize your educational benefits.
• Thiel is a designated Yellow Ribbon and Military Friendly School, so if you qualify under the post-9/11 G.I. Bill, you’ll receive tuition funds equal to the highest in-state undergraduate tuition rate.
• Thiel College is offering one full renewable Pennsylvania Guard Scholar Award. This scholarship includes tuition, room and board for a qualified Pennsylvania National Guard member. Information is available through the Guard Education Office and Thiel College Admissions Office.
Reach your full potential…maximizing your credits
At Thiel, you can make the most of what you’ve done so far:
• Credit for Life Experience—credit can be given for career or life experiences based upon a portfolio review.
• Transfer credit—our registrar will work closely with you to maximize any pre-existing credits and match those credits to graduation requirements.
• If you are called to active duty while enrolled, we will approach each case on an individual basis, but every student will be able to return and fulfill any in-progress credits at no additional cost.
Reach your full potential…with a supportive community that is focused on your success
At Thiel you’ll find a dedicated community focused on your success.
• Network of Advocates—a group of Thiel faculty and staff especially tuned into the needs of military students.
• Faculty members with military experience serving as first-year advisers to military students.
• Center for Learning & Advising and Academic Success Center—these centers work closely together to provide career and academic guidance and a variety of learning tools, such as tutoring, writing labs and supplemental instruction.
• A military-designated lounge where you can study, relax and interact with other military students.
• Lifelong career services are available to Thiel students and graduates, including a growing network of professional career resources both regionally and nationally.
Reach your full potential…with a Band of Soldiers
The bond between soldiers can never be broken. Why not join together with your fellow soldiers—and a committed group of advocates here at Thiel—to achieve personal and professional success on the way to reaching your full potential?
Easy to Start Your College Career
Thiel offers military personnel and veterans a single point of contact and a simplified admissions process. Senior admissions counselor Jennifer Pruzinsky specializes in the admissions of our military and veteran students. Jennifer can be reached at email@example.com or by calling 724-589-2756.