Students > Division of Student Life > Residence Life & Housing > What to Bring
Make sure that your personal belongings are covered by appropriate insurance.
Thiel College does not assume responsibility for your personal belongings.
- Coin operated automatic washers and dryers
- Beds and Mattress (Extra-Long)
- Desk and Chair
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Do Not bring a water mattress!
- Do Not bring a microwave oven!
- Do Not bring a window fan or AC unit (AC can be requested with medical forms only)
- Do Not bring a refrigerator larger than 4.5 cubic feet!
- Do Not bring ANY pets (pet policy in student handbook)
- Do Not bring halogen lamps!
- Do Not bring firearms or weapons (including toy, replica, and/or hunting)
One microwave/stove is provided per residence hall.
NECESSARY ITEMS TO BRING
- Mattress Pad (Extra-Long)
- Alarm Clock
- Desk lamp, light bulbs
- Laundry bag/basket and detergent
- Pillow(s), Sheets (x-long), blanket(s), bedspread
- Towels, washcloths
- Personal Toiletries
- Shower Caddie
- Umbrella/Rain Gear
- Academic Supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, stapler, file folders, etc.)
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING
- Coins for Vending Machines (or coin machine located in HMSC building)
- Clothes Drying Rack (small)
- Extension Cords
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Small Bulletin Board
- Shower Shoes
- Envelopes/Stamps (post office located in HMSC building)
- Sports Equipment
- Sticky Tack (for hanging posters, etc.)
- Radio/Stereo/Television/DVD Player
- Carpet/Throw Rug(s)
- Small Fan (window fans not permitted)
- Message Board (for door)
- Mugs, Cups, Glasses, Eating Utensils, etc.
- Can Opener
- Duct Tape
- Sewing Kit/First Aid Kit
NOTE: There are two (2) telephone/computer jacks per room. Each student will need his/her own phone. Each phone will have access to voice mail; therefore answer machines are not necessary.