Director of Major Gifts
Thiel College, a private and co-educational liberal arts institution located in Greenville, PA, seeks motivated and qualified applicants for the position of Director of Major Gifts.
The Director of Major Gifts, reporting to the Vice President of College Advancement, is primarily responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift ($10,000+) donors and prospects for the Thiel 2016 campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts and personally visits donors and prospects.
- Manages portfolio of approximately 150 donors and prospects and generates a minimum of $250,000 in new major gift revenue.
- Participate in departmental meetings, college committees and professional development as required.
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ideally a minimum of two to three years of advancement experience, preferably including face-to-face donor cultivation and solicitation.
- CFRE preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation of private higher education in the liberal arts tradition.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable character and discretion, capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings when required.
- Knowledge of philanthropic principles and fundraising practices.
- Ability to work with confidential donor databases (CRM), spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Ability to analyze various data to make informed decisions.
- A tenacious and intuitive self-starter, who is dependable and able to fulfill initiatives within the context of the college’s Advancement program.
- Possess a positive outlook, capable of prioritizing own workload in a fast-paced environment.
Email letter of interest, resumé, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or send application materials to: Jennifer Clark, Associate Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
Thiel College is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity among its faculty and staff. Qualified minority applicants are encouraged to respond.