GREENVILLE, PA – The Thiel Choir will hit the road in March 2008 for its annual spring tour.
Under the direction of Dr. Michael Bray, director of choral activities, and accompanied by Kathryn A. Gray, the 48-voice choir continues to perform a largely a cappella program in Lutheran churches throughout the eastern United States. A European tour to northern Italy and Austria is planned for this summer.
The concert will feature works by Daniel Gawthrop, Johann Sebastian Bach, Carl Heinrich Graun, Paul Manz, Kenneth Jennings, David Dickau, Johannes Brahms and Z. Randall Stroope, as well as Lutheran composers F. Melius Christiansen and Robert Wetzler, and arrangements of hymns and spirituals by Andre Thomas and Moses Hogan.
Tour dates and locations are:
- Wednesday, March 5: 7:30 p.m., Friedens Lutheran Church, 131 S. Main St., Friedens, Pa.
- Thursday, March 6: 7:30 p.m., St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, 7834 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, Md.
- Friday, March 7: 7:30 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church, 29 S. George St., York, Pa.
- Saturday, March 8: 7 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 2216 Peach St., Erie, Pa.
- Friday, March 14: 7:30 p.m., Home Concert, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Penn and Clinton streets, Greenville
For more information about any of the performances, please contact Dr. Michael Bray at 724-589-2149 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
Founded in 1866, Thiel College in Greenville, Pa., is a liberal arts, sciences and professional studies college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.