The Thiel Fund
As we celebrate our sesquicentennial anniversary, we challenged you to help us reach 150 gifts for The Thiel Fund on Monday, Feb. 29. Thanks to your support, we surpassed all of our goals before noon! The philanthropy continued until midnight, with another match keeping the excitement alive.
- Gifts and pledges were matched dollar-for-dollar up to the first $50,000 received. Reached!
- If we received 150 gifts, a generous alumna agreed to give an additional $50,000 to The Thiel Fund. Reached!
- An anonymous alumnus challenged that if 50 Greek alumni participate, an additional $20,000 would be given to The Thiel Fund. Reached!
- Once we reached our goal of 50 Greek alumni gifts, another anonymous alumnus agreed to donate an additional $10,000 if 25 more Greek alumni donated. Reached!
Greek Challenge Winners
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sigma Kappa
This was our only match day of the year! Thank you for your continued support as we continue the Thiel 2016 Campaign.
To learn more, contact Director of Alumni Relations Kelly Sanzari, M.A. ’13 at 724-589-2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Thiel Fund
Everyone. Every gift. Every year. Annual gifts to The Thiel Fund go exclusively to the areas of greatest need of the College, funding need based scholarships, academic programming, athletics, and campus improvements. This fund annually provides for the challenges we face here and now, such as unseen expenses, student needs and special opportunities.
Your support makes it possible to:
- Assist students of great promise, but limited means to enroll through scholarships.
- Attract and retain high quality faculty.
- Strengthen athletic programs across 24 intercollegiate teams and intramural activities, and enhance fitness facilities for students.
- Provide technology needs to all students, regardless of their socioeconomic background.
- Fulfill our institutional commitment to providing a quality higher education to every student.