Career Online Resources
Online Career Seminars
Job Search Checklist
Interviews and Business Etiquette
- In what direction is the organization going?
- What is the culture of the organization?
- What are the challenges of the position?
- What is the management style of the manager to whom the position reports?
- Characterize the department to which the position belongs?
- How will I spend a typical day in this position?
- What kind of training does the company provide?
- How long has this position been in the organization?
- Can you give me an idea of the career path a person could take after starting in this position? What would be the ideal type of person for this position? Skills? Personality? Work Style?
- How will I be evaluated?
- How are department budgets determined? Monitored?
- What does the future look like for the organization?
- What are the company’s strength and weaknesses?
- What are the company’s long term growth plans?
- What is the company’s image among its customer? Competitors? Suppliers?
- What new products have you introduced in the past two years?
- What new products will be introduced in the next year?
- Will I be required to travel with this position?
- How much time will I spend on the road?
- What is the most important trait necessary to be successful at this job?
- What are some important responsibilities for the position?
- What is the turnover rate among your employees?
- Do you promote from within?
- Does the company support continuing education for its employees?
- What do you do to encourage continuing education? Is relocation a general requirement?
- What are the market trends for your industry?
- How are new ideas generated? Acted upon? Rewarded?
- How do managers motivate their employees?
- How would you define the company’s personality?
- What incentives are provided to reward superior achievement?