High School Students
Whether you’re just getting started in your college search or are midway through your senior year, it’s never too early (or too late) to get started on your journey to Thiel.
Students still attending high school can explore the dual enrollment option and can also learn what to do next in the college search using our timeline below.
College Search Timeline
- Take the PSAT in the fall, and the SAT reasoning test and/or ACT and AP tests in the spring
- Create a list of colleges and universities you would like to visit. Include large, small, rural, urban schools to see which type campus suits you best
- Continue to take and seek out challenging courses. Join an academic club. Start or update an academic resume. Assume leadership roles in your activities and sports. Consider putting together a portfolio that highlights your special skills and talents
- Plan your visit to Thiel College!
- The summer before your senior year, identify the people you would like to write letters of recommendation for you. Contact them and provide the names and contact information for the schools where you intend to apply
- Begin your job shadowing to determine if the major you are thinking is a viable option
- Application opens for new academic year
- Sign up for the ACT / SAT if you did not take it your Junior year in high school
- After looking at the college applications begin to craft your essays
September - October
- Apply online
- Get letters of recommendations from guidance counselors or teachers
- Visit with admission counselors who attend your high school – be prepared to handoff your transcripts and letters of recommendation to the Thiel representative that visits your school!
- Attend a college fair
October – November
- Complete your application
- Schedule a personalized campus visit
- Begin scheduling second visits to your top 2-3 schools (Sit-in on classes, meet professors, coaches, staff, and anyone else who you’d like to meet)
- Send in official test scores, high school transcript, essay and letter of recommendation in order to receive notice of acceptance within 2 weeks of a completed application file
- Continue second campus visits to top choices
- Attend the Accepted Student Visit Day
- Find out if you qualify for academic scholarship competitions
Learn more about general college search timelines at Know How 2 Go.