High School Students
Whether you’re just getting started in your college search or are midway through your senior year, it’s never too early (or too late) to get started on your journey to Thiel.
Students still attending high school can explore the dual enrollment option and can also learn what to do next in the college search using our timeline below.
College Search Timeline
- Take the PSAT in the fall, and the SAT reasoning test and/or ACT and AP tests in the spring
- Create a list of colleges and universities you would like to visit. Include large, small, rural, urban schools to see which type campus suits you best
- Continue to take and seek out challenging courses. Join an academic club. Start or update an academic resume. Assume leadership roles in your activities and sports. Consider putting together a portfolio that highlights your special skills and talents
- Plan your visit to Thiel College!
- The summer before your senior year, identify the people you would like to write letters of recommendation for you. Contact them and provide the names and contact information for the schools where you intend to apply
- Begin your job shadowing to determine if the major you are thinking is a viable option
Learn more about general college search timelines at Know How 2 Go.