The lab area of the MIMC includes 32 student computer positions, a media production area, video editing and viewing stations and the staff reception area. Laser printers enable users to quickly produce a hard copy of their work.
Individuals and small groups may make reservations or use the equipment on a drop-in basis. (Large groups must make reservations). When a student or faculty member enters the MIMC, the staff assigns him to a position according to what he wants to do and which equipment has already been reserved. MIMC staff members remain on hand to assist with equipment or sortware problems.
- The 32 computers have special foreign language and education software programs available as well as other campus software and connections. US International keyboard settings facilitate typing in foreign languages. Headsets with microphones are in place for recording and other multimedia use.
- Equipment in the media production area includes scanners and computers with media capture cards, Adobe audio and video digitizing programs and photo editing capabilities.
- Individuals can watch both foreign and American videotapes and DVD's in the MIMC. Satellite viewing stations provide a selection of foreign language programming. An analog video editing station can be used to copy or edit VHS videotapes.
Materials used in the MIMC may be items that instructors have placed on reserve, Media Library titles, materials brought in by lab users, as well as items installed on the computers, stored on Thiel's network or found on the web.
To reserve equipment:
- Click on the web calendar link for AC-235 MIMC Classroom/Lab and then the Add Event button to submit a request
- Phone (724)589-2073 or (724)589-2853 to make a reservation
- Send an email request to the MIMC staff at email@example.com