Human Resources > Employment Opportunities > Head Men's Soccer Coach
The RD is a member of the Student Life Staff under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life. In addition to serving as a role model, the RD is responsible for student community development through administration, staff development, programming, crisis management, leadership, and student behavior.
- The overall management, supervision, and educational functions of an assigned residence hall. This includes the total operation including keeping specific records of staff supervision, training, programming, maintenance, key control, room inventories, furnishings and facilities, room changes, and other appropriate operations, which enable the residence hall to run smoothly.
- Communicating the policies and procedures of the College and the Division of Student Life through formal channels and frequent individual contact with students.
- Living in an assigned residence hall and being available for at least three (3) weekends per month. The RD can only take one weekend (Friday and Saturday) off per month while spending every other night in his/her assigned apartment.
- Assisting the Director of Residence Life with the administrative aspects of the hall operation and making recommendations of hall renovation and improvement.
- Participating in on-call rotation. Weekly duty hours begin immediately following the mandatory weekly staff meeting and conclude at the same time the following week. Resident Directors must carry and respond to the college cell phone at all times while on duty. The on-duty RD needs to be available for emergencies and therefore must remain on campus the majority of the time.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Residence Life or Dean of Students.
Qualifications include acceptance into the Student Affairs Leadership and Practice graduate program at Youngstown State University (Counseling Department); the ability to multi-task; work as part of a team; relate well with college students; and work with a diverse student population. Benefits include 10-month campus housing, full meal plan, health benefits, program stipend, and tuition assistance for Youngstown State University graduate program. Physical requirements are within the general range of an office environment, and will include occasional walking of the campus, including up and down several flights of stairs.
Email letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send application materials to:
Roberta Mutinelli, Student Services, Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Resident Life, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled. EOE