Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Employment Opportunities > Position Description
Director of Annual Giving
Thiel College, a private and co-educational liberal arts institution located in Greenville, Pa., seeks motivated and qualified applicants for the position of Director of Annual Giving. The Director of Annual Giving is primarily responsible for unrestricted fundraising through the college's annual fund (Thiel Fund), which supports the operational expenses of the college. Reporting to the Vice President for College Advancement, the Director is required to plan and execute a program of annual giving from various college supporters to achieve measurable fundraising goals. This includes development of solicitation strategies via direct mail and other media, phonathon, and special events. The director will also cultivate and personally solicit individual donations in support of the Thiel Fund and other college initiatives. The director must be able to be a creative thinker, detail-oriented, intuitive, and an enthusiastic team player on the Advancement Team and among the larger campus community, helping to foster a culture of philanthropy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance participation of current donors, re-engage lapsed donors and attract new donors, primarily in support of achieving Thiel Fund goals.
- Position the Thiel Fund as foundational to an emerging comprehensive capital campaign.
- Oversee student phonathon program to help achieve alumni participation goals.
- Facilitate cultivation, stewardship and donor recognition efforts.
- Provide leadership to the creation of multi-channel solicitation materials.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff on special events, and production and mailing timelines.
- Participate in departmental meetings, college committees and professional development as required.
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of current and prospective major gift donors, devising appropriate and individualized cultivation and solicitation strategies via Moves Management protocols.
- Personally solicit gifts of $1000 and higher.
- Manage departmental budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ideally a minimum of two to three years of development (fundraising) experience, or a successful track record in a related field.
- Understanding and appreciation of private higher education in the liberal arts tradition.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable character and discretion, capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings when required.
- Knowledge of philanthropic principles and fundraising practices.
- Ability to work with donor databases (CRM), spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Analytical of various data to inform decision-making.
- A tenacious and intuitive self-starter, who is dependable and able to fulfill initiatives within the context of the college's Advancement program.
- Possess a positive outlook, capable of prioritizing own workload in a fast-paced environment.
Email letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send application materials to: Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
Visit our main website for more information about Thiel College. Thiel College is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity among its faculty and staff. Qualified minority applicants are encouraged to respond.