Henry E. and Grace Mary Haller
In 1996, Henry E. and Grace Mary Haller provided Thiel College with generous financial support resulting in the renaming of the Thiel Business Institute as the Haller Enterprise Institute. Their $1 million gift was earmarked for the development of entrepreneurial education, a discipline for which the College has become increasingly well-known.
In 1997, Thiel was proud to award Henry Haller an honorary doctor of laws degree. In 1998, Grace Mary passed away from this life into eternal rest. In 2005, Thiel welcomed Mrs. Linda Haller to its governing body, the Board of Trustees.
Mr. Haller graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Business in 1936; shortly after, he began working at National Valve and Manufacturing Company, a firm founded by his father. After studying mechanical engineering and serving as a naval officer in World War II, Haller returned to National Valve where he became executive vice president in 1955 and president in 1956.
A former member of the Thiel College Board of Trustees, Mr. Haller also served as director of West Penn Motor Club and President of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association. He has participated in Animal Rescue League of Western PA, Boys Club of Pittsburgh, Goodwill Industries of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Association for the Blind, American Wind Ensemble, Equimark Corporation, Equibank, N.A. and Vulcan, Inc.
Mrs. Haller was a 1942 graduate of Chatham College, where she majored in history. She was employed as the secretary to the social director of Pittsburgh Presbyterian Hospital.