Juvenile and Family
Majors and Areas of Study
Office: Howard Miller Student Center, 3rd Floor - Room 320
Monday and Friday - 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 4-5 p.m.
- Ph.D., University of Chicago
- M.A., University of Chicago
- M.Div., Luther Theological Seminary
- B.A., Concordia College
- Assistant, Associate, and Professor of Religion, Thiel College, 1983-present
- Martin Marty Center Fellow, University of Chicago, 2010-11
- Researcher, University of Copenhagen, 1982-3
- Pastor, St. Paul American Lutheran Church, 1974-8
Selection of Publications
- Current research: "Dancing in God: The Relevance of Ritual for Conceiving the Divine Today"
- With Joyce Cuff, God and Nature: A Scientist and a Theologian Conversing on the Divine Promise of Possibility, Continnum, 2011
- Editor, Weaving a Tapestry of Earth and Heaven: Community Building at Thiel College, 2008-2010, Wittenberg Workshop, 2011
- Following the Cultured Public's Chosen One: Why Martensen Mattered to Kierkegaard, Museum Tusulanum Press and Søren Kierkegaard Research Centre, 2008
- Co-author, Science and Our Global Heritage: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Sustainability, 2005
- Co-editor, God, Evil, and Suffering: Essays in Honor of Paul Sponheim, 2000
- Expecting and Exposing God: Biblical Theology for a Late Modern Age, 1998
- With David J. Kangas, Between Hegel and Kierkegaard: Hans L. Martensen's Philosophy of Religion, Oxford, 1997