Early Childhood &
Kappa Delta Pi
Majors and Areas of Study
Field Experience Checklist
Prior to going out into the field it is important that students read over the following checklist in order to be properly prepared.
- Make sure all clearances have been submitted, and received by Thiel before going out into the field. Also make sure that you have copies of your own so that they can be presented to the school you will be visiting.
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Abuse History
- Tuberculosis Skin Test
- Contact your field teacher in a timely and professional manner.
- Phone numbers and emails will be provided to you; it is your job to contact your host teacher to schedule times for you to go into the schools.
- Please remember to be professional when using email!
- Call host teacher to introduce yourself, even if you’ve already emailed.
- Write welcome letters to both your host teacher and the principal of the school, again, be professional!
- Dress Professionally; below is a list of suggestions of what is acceptable and what is not. Just be sure to use good judgment when choosing attire.
- dress pants, at least fingertip length skirts/dresses, closed toed heels/flats, simple earring piercings ONLY, avoid showing tattoos
- jeans, sweat pants/shirt, short skirts/dresses, midriff baring tops, low cut tops, sleeveless tops, sandals/flip-flops, tennis shoes, facial piercings other than simple earrings, expose tattoos
- Dress pants, dress shirts/sweaters, dress shoes, tie (optional), cover any tattoos, take out ALL jewelry, clean shaven
- Jeans, t-shirts, sweatpants/sweatshirts, sleeveless shirts, sandals/flip-flops, tennis shoes, ANY piercings, expose tattoos
- Write thank you letters to your host teacher and principal of the school. Make sure to be professional once again!
- Make sure you have a name tag with the appropriate information on it. This information includes your name, Thiel College, and what class you are in the field for.