Environmental Science graduates (left to right) Susannah Haines, Chris Marks, Jessica Crawford, Liz Lengyel and Victoria Challingsworth at 2014 Commencement.
With environmental concern awareness increasing, environmental scientists will be needed to study environmental quality and provide means to living less environmentally harmful lives.
Our graduates have been employed in a variety of settings ranging from private consulting firms to state and federal environmental agencies. Many have chosen additional graduate level training either directly upon graduation from Thiel or later in their careers.
- B.S., 2014, Environmental Science, Thiel College
- 2013, Study Abroad at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2014, Chief of Council Intern for the PA Department of Environmental Protection
- 2014-present, Backcountry Stewart Intern for NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- B.S., 2014, Environmental Science with Environmental Chemistry minor, Thiel College
- 2013, Intern at CCH Environmental Group
- 2013, Summer help for the Columbiana County Water and Sewer Department
- 2013-2014, intern as the Greening Manager at Thiel College
- 2014-present, Cushwa Fellow at Youngstown State University
- B.S., 2013, Environmental Science, Thiel College
- 2011-2012, Sustainability/Public Services Intern for the Borough of Greenville
- 2012, Student Greening Manager at Thiel College
- 2012, Intern for Environment Arizona
- 2014, Environmental Technician at Aurora Environmental, Inc.
- 2014-present, Engineering Technician at ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC
Keith M. Duval
- B.A., 1996, Environmental Science, Thiel College
- M.B.A, University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
- 1999-present, Environmental Manager at the University of Pittsburgh's Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
- B.A., 1979, Environmental Studies and Geology, Thiel College
- M.P.A., 1980, Penn State University
- 1980-1987, Geologist in the US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, Geotechnical Branch
- 1987-2013, Natural Resource Specialist in the US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, Natural Resources Management Branch
- 2013-present, Retired from US Army Corps of Engineers after 33 years
- B.S., 2013, Environmental Science with Chemistry minor, Thiel College
- 2013 intern at Thiel College as the Greening Initiative Recycling Manager
- 2013-2014, radiation decontamination specialist for scheduled and non-scheduled outages at First Energy Nuclear Operating Company
- 2014-present, Naval Flight Officer in the U.S. Navy
- B.S., 2012, Environmental Science, Thiel College
- 2012, interned at Shenango Lake US Army Corps of Engineers
- 2012-2014, wastewater treatment facility operator at Castle Cheese
- 2014-present, water treatment operator at Mercer City water treatment plant
- B.A., 2013, Environmental Science, Thiel College
- 2011-2014, Health & Safety Associate at AM Health & Safety, Inc.
- 2014-present, EH&S Specialist at NOF Metal Coating Group
- B.A., 2008, Environmental Science with Chemistry minor, Thiel College
- M.S., 2010, Applied Ecology, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- 2008-2010, interned at Integrated Pest Management Institute in Madison, WI and the Indiana University Office of Sustanability
- 2010-2012, employed by Indiana University at their Garden & Nature Center
- 2012-present, Coordinator of the Garden & Nature Center at Indiana University
Thiel alumni, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in this list.