Your Thiel biology degree will prepare you for a wide diversity of graduate and professional education programs as well as some entry-level career opportunities.
Neuroscience majors can launch a career in the neurotechnology field or prepare for graduate study in a variety of fields.
Graduates have found professional and academic success following their time at Thiel College.
- College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri
- The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Master of Science in Health, Physical Activity and Chronic Disease, University of Pittsburgh
- Graduate school, Georgetown University
- Master of Science in Microbiology and Immunology, Wright State (Dayton, Ohio)
- Master of Occupational Therapy, Cleveland State University
- Graduate school marine biology program in Australia
- Master of Science in Biotechnology, Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore)
- School of Public Health, Boston University
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Chatham University (Pittsburgh)
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, University of Mount Union (Alliance, Ohio)
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pa.)
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Master of Science program, Clarion University of Pennsylvania (Clarion, Pa.)
- Master of Arts Speech-Language Pathology program, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (Edinboro, Pa.)
- Graduate School for Audiology, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, The Ohio State University
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Gannon University (Erie, Pa.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Youngstown State University (Youngstown, Ohio)
- PPG Industries, laboratory technician
- Fish hatchery, Alaska
- United States Department of Agriculture
Mindy Wolfe ’12
Graduate Veterinary Student (DVM) at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, Mo.
“The biology professors at Thiel are an amazing group of professors who are focused on student success – not only at Thiel, but in future endeavors as well. From the day I stepped foot in their offices as a freshman to the day I got accepted into veterinary school – and even … now – they help throughout the entire process by giving advice or helping to steer me down the path so I can achieve my goals. It is this individual attention that catapults Thiel ahead of all the other [colleges].”
Liz Dubnicay ’11
Minors: Wildlife Biology, Biochemistry, Behavioral Biology
Clubs & Activities: Beta Beta Beta, American Chemical Society, Les Lauriers honorary
“I found just what I was looking for, and much more, [at] Thiel. I had chosen to major in traditional and conservation biology, and my professors encouraged me to take up minors in wildlife and behavioral biology as well. When I expressed interest in traveling to learn more about my field, my professors and other staff … guided me to an amazing program studying wildlife management in Africa for my last semester – an experience that will stick with me forever. Many of the skills that earned me this [current position] can be attributed back to my experience at Thiel. When I had interviewed for this job, my employer immediately recognized Thiel College and was excited that I had graduated from there – he knew the good reputation that Thiel carries.”