Bachelor of Arts Degree
This program prepares students for attractive career opportunities as major U.S.
and foreign corporations continue to expand in international markets.
A student who
graduates from Thiel College with a major in international business will:
• understand basic business management functions.
• be introduced to cost/benefit analysis.
• develop interpersonal skills and learn to be a valuable member of a team.
• develop competency in data analysis techniques, including use of spreadsheets,
databases and word processors.
• gain an understanding of non-U.S. cultural, economic, political and legal
• develop an understanding of the different types of global business risks.
• understand international market development stages and how they affect
International Business Major Requirements
ACCT 113 Principles of Accounting I
ACCT 123 Principles of Accounting II
ACCT 233 Managerial Accounting
MATH 211 Elementary Statistics
MATH 141 Precalculus or higher
CIS 111 Word Processing Applications
CIS 112 Spreadsheet Applications
CIS 113 Data Management Applications
ECON 211 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECON 221 Principles of Microeconomics
POSC 146 Intro to Comparative Politics
GEOG 110 World Regional Geography
BADM 376 International Business
BADM 456 International Marketing
BADM 355 Business Law I
BADM 356 Business Law II
COMM 331 Intercultural Communication
REL 190 World Religions
Any three of the following:
BADM 344 Finance
BADM 374 Principles of Management
BADM 444 Operations Management
BADM 454 Marketing
BADM 484 Human Resource Management
POSC 347 Politics of Industrialized Societies
POSC 327 Politics of Developing Societies